Friday, January 4, 2008

The advent of Free

Chris Anderson of The Long Tail fame is researching another book to do with Free - how democratization of technology when distribution costs fall close to zero can enhance creativity and generate alternative revenue streams.

This is going to be a fascinating discussion.

He talked about his new hypothesis here at a Nokia conference- 46 mins in length but well worth the watch.

It caught my attention because I wrote a post about 'free' back in October that echoed some of these ideas. I certainly didn't make them up, but I think they touch so much of what we do these days that its vitally important for anyone dealing with consumers to understand the consequences and effects of 'free'.

I think 'free' will be a big theme in 2008. I, for one, will be following it with interest.

Digg this
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: